Purchasing Job Description
Skilled purchasing professional needed to source new suppliers and work with outside vendors to identify potential sources for inventory including furniture, electronics, home appliances, jewelry, and etc. Must be able to negotiate best price (in terms of price, quality, term, lead time delivery and service) with suppliers.
Experience and Qualifications:
Minimum two years purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment intimately involved in negotiating and coordinating with outside vendors. Associates Degree and / or commensurate experience.
1. Familiar with purchasing practices and principles.
2. Place orders in timely and accurate manner.
3. Able to work with multiple vendors nationwide.
4. Calculate best method of shipping and delivery based on customer location.
5. Review orders placed and track deliveries for constant updates to sales team.
6. Provide detailed notes in system for other departments to view; maintain contact with accounting department on charges and delivery costs.
1. Highly detail-oriented individual who can manage multiple projects and tasks.
2. Strong analytical and technical focus with the ability to independently execute.
3. Self-starter, able to learn new processes, programs, and tools quickly.
4. Manage multiple tasks and balance priorities .
5. Experience working with Miva Merchant is a plus but not required.
6. Proficient in Microsoft Suite.